Archive for the 'Fun Things to Do Outdoors' Category
Delightful year-round, this lakefront home is for sale at lovely Lake of the Pines between Auburn and Grass Valley, California. These photos of the four seasons were taken during the past couple of years by the owner from her own back deck.
Call CJ Jenkins at 530-906-4715 for more details or to schedule a private showing.
Remember, these photos were taken by the owner from her back deck!
Call CJ at 530-906-4715 for more information about this delightful home for sale at fabulous Lake of the Pines, California
The Jenkins Garden is in the ground, this morning, finished, kaput, one hundred percent! Up here in the Sierra Foothills I am taking a bit of a chance (we occasionally get late spring cold snaps) but the weather is too beautiful, and I just couldn’t help myself, but, I compensated for my impatience with better preparation than usual. Before the first seed or seedling went into the dirt:
- Preliminary plan drawn on paper.
- Weeds pulled by hand.
- Fences and trellis’s (trellises?) repaired. (This is DEER country!)
- Irrigation systems redesigned, repaired, and tested (drip when I can; sprinkle when I must)
- Many (many) wheel barrows of compost trundled over from the bin and dug in.
- (Okay, kids, this is the scary part. You may want to look away. Slug and snail bait sprinkled around the perimeter. Yeah, yeah, I know.)
- Bird screens repaired and standing at the ready.
- Every square inch raked and smoothed.
Time to go shopping!
Next: Seeds and seedlings
What to plant in February
(as my Pappy used to call them)
Flowers: transplant or direct seed snapdragons, candytufts, lilies, California Indian pinks, lily-of-the-valleys, larkspurs, Shasta and painted daisies, stock and coral bells.
Fruits and vegetables: Plant Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes), strawberries and rhubarb. Direct seed radishes, beets and chard. Start peppers, tomatoes and eggplants indoors. Plant bare-root asparagus now through April. At lower elevations, plant potatoes now through May.
Dill is a useful culinary herb
and attracts beneficial insects to your garden !
Trees and shrubs: Plant bare root ornamentals. Transplant living Christmas trees outside. Buy Ceanothus and other drought-tolerant spring-blooming plants now to get the color you prefer.
Thanks to Placer County Master Gardeners!
Real Estate Dog
- Wait for mom and dad to get up
- Say good morning
- Get first treat from mom
- Get morning pills from dad
- Eat breakfast
- Wait for dad to get ready
- Go for ride in the truck
- Get special treat at Starbucks
- Go for long walk in a favorite place
- Poo (2 times)
- Help dad with real estate
- Get a bite of dad’s doughnut
- Nap in the truck
- Check on grandma
- Get TWO treats from grandma
- Go home
- Munch ice cubes
- Nap in the shade
- Get afternoon treat
- Play with dad
- Get evening pills from dad
- Eat Dinner
- Get secret treat from mom that dad doesn’t know about
- Go for night patrol in the neighborhood with dad
- Poo (2 times)
- Munch ice cubes
- Get rubs
- Fall asleep
Free Outdoor Movie Night @ Bear River High School benefiting the Bruins Baseball Booster’s Field of Dreams Project continue reading…
At last! We have our own Farmer’s Market at Lake of the Pines. Many Thanks to Laura Goldschneider and her platoon of volunteers.
The Farmers’ Market is every TUESDAY 5 – 7:30 p.m until September 30th. After a “sold-out” opening on June 24, the Farmers’ Market team of volunteers has added another produce vendor and three more food vendors. The vendors are bringing lots more produce this week and we’ll have more craft vendors. Come see and buy!! These vendors need to realize that the LOP Market is worth participating in for our market to continue!! See you Tuesday night!
Celebrate The 2013 Holiday Season in Auburn, Ca and Nearby Communities ~ Cornish Christmas & Victorian Christmas
Celebrate The 2013 Holiday Season in Auburn, Ca and Nearby Communities ~ Cornish Christmas & Victorian Christmas continue reading…
Upcoming Local Event near Auburn, Ca. ~ The 2013 20th Annual Mandarin Festival
Upcoming Event Near Auburn Ca ~ Harvest Festival on the Green at Ananda Village. continue reading…
- Nevada City 1
- Grass Valley 2
- Alta Sierra 3
- Lake of the Pines 4
- South County 5
- Colfax 6
- Cedar Ridge 7
- Meadow Vista 8
- Forest Hill 9
- Auburn 10
- Newcastle 11
Click on any number for a description of the area
- Alta Sierra (9)
- Auburn (72)
- Colfax (3)
- Country Property (24)
- Cultural Events (10)
- Fun Things to Do Outdoors (50)
- Gardening (9)
- Grass Valley (27)
- Lake of the Pines (107)
- Lake Wildwood (1)
- Localism (215)
- Market Trends (21)
- Negotiating (16)
- Neighborhood Profiles (21)
- Nevada City (4)
- Real Estate Nuts and Bolts (55)
- Request for Repair (3)
- Running and Hiking trails (28)
- Success Stories (11)
- VA Loans (4)
- Water Wells, Septic Systems, Sewers, Electric Power (11)
- Whimsy (37)