Archive for the 'Neighborhood Profiles' Category
We talked to folks who have lived in Alta Sierra for many years and asked them what they liked about living there. Here’s what they said:
1. The location is perfect, about midway between Auburn and Grass valley.
2. It looks and feels like a park.
3. It’s so quiet. At night, an acorn falling on the driveway sounds like a gunshot.
4. The Home Owners Association dues are only $25 a year.
5. It’s only 10 minutes away from the supermarket and K Mart.
6. You can call 1-866-its-dead and somebody will come pick up the dead deer or raccoon in the road.
7. There are so many pretty hills and pine trees.
8. We have our own country club and golf course.
9. The lots are larger than most places.
10. The homes are affordable!
- Nevada City 1
- Grass Valley 2
- Alta Sierra 3
- Lake of the Pines 4
- South County 5
- Colfax 6
- Cedar Ridge 7
- Meadow Vista 8
- Forest Hill 9
- Auburn 10
- Newcastle 11
Click on any number for a description of the area
- Alta Sierra (9)
- Auburn (72)
- Colfax (3)
- Country Property (24)
- Cultural Events (10)
- Fun Things to Do Outdoors (50)
- Gardening (9)
- Grass Valley (27)
- Lake of the Pines (107)
- Lake Wildwood (1)
- Localism (215)
- Market Trends (21)
- Negotiating (16)
- Neighborhood Profiles (21)
- Nevada City (4)
- Real Estate Nuts and Bolts (55)
- Request for Repair (3)
- Running and Hiking trails (28)
- Success Stories (11)
- VA Loans (4)
- Water Wells, Septic Systems, Sewers, Electric Power (11)
- Whimsy (37)